Building your Digital Business Card app
Build an awesome digital business card with Poexis
So what's a Digital Business Card app? Well, that's simple - it's a business card with super powers!
- Share online with anyone as a link📲
- Personalize it with cool images, videos & animations🤟
- Add content from your social media apps📰
- Share in-person by scanning a QR Code😷
- Schedule meetings without back & forth📆
- Collect customer feedback using forms
- Save the earth - recycle one paper card at a time!♻
Here are a few examples of awesome looking business cards:
We'll spend just a few minutes getting you all set up & ready?
Getting started is a snap - it starts with making a copy of the Poexis Business Card template
- Click the link below to copy the Digital Business Card template to your Google Drive
- Click "Make a copy" when prompted
- Install the Poexis add-on for Google Slides from the Google Slides menu: Add-ons >> Poexis >> Install
Install the Poexis Add-on for Google Slides
Your app name is the document name
Now comes the fun part! Let's build out your app.
- Set your logo on the Title slide. Click the image placeholder area and select your logo. You can upload the logo from your computer, browse Drive, Photos, or even search the web!
That was easy, let's move on to the Menu slide. Think of this slide as the roadmap for your app. What sections and links do you want in your menu? What story do you want to tell about yourself? For the case of this tutorial, we'll guide you through a few sections:
- Social Media
- QR Code
We'll be using "section header" slides to organize these sections of our app. The app template already has the section header slides in place, so let's roll with it for now.
Let's begin by setting our hero image on Slide 4. This image will appear as a cover photo on our app.
- Click the image placeholder area and select your logo. You can upload the logo from your computer, browse Drive, Photos, or even search the web.
Now you're ready to enter all the information that you'd normally put on a business card! Slide 5 is a 'Profile Card' layout, which means it will automatically structure your content to look like a classic business card.
Your profile slide will look something like this:
Sometimes you may have a bit more to say about yourself than can be expressed on the Profile Card. Maybe you have videos from YouTube or Vimeo that you'd like to share on your app's main page.
- Add a new slide after slide 5!
- Change the layout of the slide to match your needs.
Next, we need to tell Poexis that this page should be rendered as part of the previous page (allowing for a single page that scrolls vertically). To do this:
- Click add-ons in the toolbar
- Select Poexis
- Select "Creator" and your Poexis Sidebar will pop up.
- Click the Scroll Sticker (aka Join) and paste it on the current slide.
Now you can add your content to the new slide. Maybe add a title, some text, or an image or two!
Feel free to add content to the rest of your app sections. Use stickers to add rich content like your Twitter Timeline or a Calendly Calendar so that your fans can schedule some 1:1 time with you!
Whatever you choose, have fun with it! It's your app!
Now that you've built an awesome app it's time to publish your work and make it available to the world!
You may have noticed that the buttons and other accent colors are light grey. If you want to change the accent color for your app change the background color of the "Title slide.
- Navigate to slide 1
- Right click the background and select "Change background"
- Change the color as desired
Wanna share your app with others using Airdrop, text message, email, etc? You can do it from directly within your app! Just open your app on your phone and tap the share button below your profile card!
If you're using the QR Code sticker (and why wouldn't you), simply navigate to that page in your app and let your friends, fans, business partners, etc scan your code. Your app will open up on their device!