Building your first business card
How to build your first digital business card in 5 minutes by editing a single slide.
This tutorial will teach you how to build your first digital card using Poexis - it's fast, easy, and free!
All you need is:
- Google ID - yes, your gmail.com works!💻
- Web browser - Use Google Chrome, Firefox, or another browser!☁
- Less than 5 minutes⌚
It's a business card that you can share with anyone! Unlike an old paper business card you can:
- Share with anyone as a link on your phone📲
- Personalize it with images, videos & animations🤟
- Add content from your social media📰
- Contactless sharing in-person by scanning a QR Code😷
- Schedule meetings without back & forth📆
- Collect customer feedback using forms🗣
- Save the earth - recycle one paper card at a time!♻
This short 3-minute video explains how to build your first simple business card. Alternatively, if you prefer reading, you can continue to read this tutorial.
Watch this video to build your first business card
Getting started is a snap!
- Click on "My Templates" in the top navigation menu
- Click on "Create" under Digital Business Card template
- Click on "Make a copy" - this copies the Google Slides Poexis template into your drive and opens it up
Now you're ready to go!
All you need to do is edit this Google Slides presentation - and Poexis takes care of the rest.
The name of your document will be the name of your app! You will be able to access your app at a link that looks something like this: http://[your user name].poexis.cloud.com/[my-app-name]
- Rename the document to something appropriate like "Card", "Business Card", etc.
Your document's new name will appear when someone opens your app's link
This next step is optional! If you want to, you can also update your username on my.poexis.com. Any apps you have will have to be republished for the change to take effect - it's just a click away!
- You can change your user name in Account Profile. You can skip this step if you want!
You don't need to do this, but you can change your username here!
Now it's time to make your business card your own!
You're probably an awesome person, but you might want to write something a little more specific
- Edit the slide to reflect your information:
- School/Organization name
- Profile Description
Make your business card your own!
- you are ready to publish this card!
You're almost done!
- Click on "Create New App"
- Copy & paste the Google Slides URL of your card to import it
Your first card is ready to share!
But wait, you can do a lot more with Poexis to make your business card sizzle
- Add videos from YouTube or Vimeo
- Add social media content from Twitter
- Adding accent colors
- Add Calendar scheduling using Calendly